How to Hire and Inspire a Social Media Intern
Your step-by-step guide on how to recruit, hire, train, and manage a social media intern for your nonprofit!
"Julia is so knowledgeable and enthusiastic about her material. And she makes you feel like you CAN really accomplish great things!"
- Veronica Accardo, College Bound Opportunities
This is a live training being held on Monday, November 23 at 2 PM Eastern.
When you register, you'll get the Zoom link to join.
Most of these paid live trainings run two hours or more, depending on Q&A.
If you join before the live training you'll save yourself $100 and get the opportunity to come live/ask Qs in advance.
If you purchase now and can't join live, no worries! You'll get lifetime access to the recording and materials.
Looking to hire a social media intern?
Feeling daunted and overwhelmed about where to begin?
Or do you have a current program that needs improvement and tweaking?
This is the training for you!
In this live training, we will cover:
- How and where to recruit skilled social media interns that will be a great fit for your nonprofit;
- How to hire ethically and appropriately;
- How to train the intern on the magical ways of your nonprofit and set (realistic) expectations;
- How to not only manage but inspire an intern to do their best work;
- How to measure their progress and ensure accountability;
- How to stop problems in their tracks;
- A review of my favorite social media marketing and management tools that newbie interns can start using with very little tech-savvy and no complicated set-up.
What you'll get:
- The live training, where we usually go two hours including an always insightful and illuminating Q&A.
- Lifetime access to the recording, as well as lifetime access to any updates that I make to the course or training.
- The Social Media Intern Playbook (for supervisors)
- A list of ideas of projects and initiatives for a social media intern
- SWIPE FILES - sample social media internship job descriptions
- Best Practices for Small Nonprofits on Social Media.
- PDF - 6 Ways to Be a Stellar Supervisor.
- Suggested Reading list for Interns and Supervisors.
And more being added!
Get started now!
Recently named one of the 25 most influential nonprofit thought leaders and one of the seven nonprofit thought leaders to follow on Twitter during the coronavirus crisis, Julia Campbell is on a mission to make the digital world a better place.
Julia Campbell is nonprofit consultant and speaker, focused on digital storytelling, social media marketing, and online fundraising. She is the author of two books, a mom of two kids, and a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer. Her passion is to get organizations and change makers to stop spinning their wheels and start getting real results using digital tools. You can check out her thoughts and ideas at www.jcsocialmarketing.com/blog.
Start😃 Welcome - I'm so happy to have you here!
StartVideo Training (107:29)
StartZoom chat log (some good questions and resources in here!)
StartThe Social Media Intern Playbook (for supervisors)
StartA list of ideas of projects and initiatives for a social media intern
StartSWIPE FILES - sample social media internship job descriptions
StartBest Practices for Small Nonprofits on Social Media
StartPDF - 6 Ways to Be a Stellar Supervisor.
StartSuggested Reading list for Interns and Supervisors
Start"When you host an unpaid internship, a unicorn is very, very sad"
"Your training (and subsequent webinars, tips, tools, and inspiring emails) were exceedingly helpful. I started in social media, and have moved on to more general marketing and individual donor management, but learning from you was absolutely crucial in my comms development and sticking to it in the nonprofit world. When I lead trainings at work, one of the first thought experiments is to establish urgency and importance with "what if the doors closed tomorrow?" Got it from you, and I love it."
- Brian K., Communications Director