How to Hire and Inspire a Social Media Intern
Your step-by-step guide on how to recruit, hire, train, and manage a social media intern for your nonprofit!
"Julia is so knowledgeable and enthusiastic about her material. And she makes you feel like you CAN really accomplish great things!"
- Veronica Accardo, College Bound Opportunities
Looking to hire a social media intern?
Feeling daunted and overwhelmed about where to begin?
Or do you have a current program that needs improvement and tweaking?
This is the training for you!
In this live training, we cover:
- How and where to recruit skilled social media interns that will be a great fit for your nonprofit;
- How to hire ethically and appropriately;
- How to train the intern on the magical ways of your nonprofit and set (realistic) expectations;
- How to not only manage but inspire an intern to do their best work;
- How to measure their progress and ensure accountability;
- How to stop problems in their tracks;
- A review of my favorite social media marketing and management tools that newbie interns can start using with very little tech-savvy and no complicated set-up.
What you'll get:
- The two hour training session with insightful Q&A.
- Lifetime access to the recording, as well as lifetime access to any updates that I make to the course or training.
- The Social Media Intern Playbook (for supervisors)
- A list of ideas of projects and initiatives for a social media intern
- SWIPE FILES - sample social media internship job descriptions
- Best Practices for Small Nonprofits on Social Media.
- PDF - 6 Ways to Be a Stellar Supervisor.
- Suggested Reading list for Interns and Supervisors.
And more being added!
Get started now!
I’ve been working in and alongside nonprofits for two decades.
I’ve been a one person Development and Marketing Department, a volunteer, and a Board Member.
Having spent my career in the nonprofit and public sectors, I understand the specific obstacles that marketing and fundraising professionals face every day – isolation, wearing multiple hats, high expectations, and increasing responsibilities.
And – lucky for you – I’ve learned a few things along the way.
More specifically, what works – and what doesn’t – in nonprofit marketing.
- What is essential for success – and what can we ignore (or throw away for good).
- How to get your message to stand out from the rest.
- How to get people to believe in, and to become passionate about, your cause.
Do these sound like things you struggle with?
If you said a resounding YES, you are in good company.
With me as your expert guide, and a cohort of other nonprofits willing and eager to learn alongside you and support you – this is TOTALLY doable.
Start😃 Welcome - I'm so happy to have you here!
StartVideo Training (107:29)
StartZoom chat log (some good questions and resources in here!)
StartThe Social Media Intern Playbook (for supervisors)
StartA list of ideas of projects and initiatives for a social media intern
StartSWIPE FILES - sample social media internship job descriptions
StartBest Practices for Small Nonprofits on Social Media
StartPDF - 6 Ways to Be a Stellar Supervisor.
StartSuggested Reading list for Interns and Supervisors
Start"When you host an unpaid internship, a unicorn is very, very sad"
"Your training (and subsequent webinars, tips, tools, and inspiring emails) were exceedingly helpful. I started in social media, and have moved on to more general marketing and individual donor management, but learning from you was absolutely crucial in my comms development and sticking to it in the nonprofit world. When I lead trainings at work, one of the first thought experiments is to establish urgency and importance with "what if the doors closed tomorrow?" Got it from you, and I love it."
- Brian K., Communications Director