Instagram for Nonprofits
How to Raise Awareness, Get Visibility, and Drive Donations with Instagram
Instagram is a powerhouse when it comes to social media marketing and raising awareness. And with the addition of Instagram fundraising tools, such as the profile Donate button and the Instagram Donation Sticker, it's become one to watch in terms of driving donations.
According to Pew Research, 40% of US adults say they use Instagram - and the platform has a notably strong following with young adults. In fact, a majority of 18- to 29-year-olds say they use Instagram (71%) or Snapchat (65%), while roughly half say the same for TikTok.
It's not enough to lump Instagram into your overall "digital marketing strategy" or "social media plan". Instagram has distinct features that make it work - best practices, strengths, weaknesses, and features like Stories and Reels that people love.
In this training, I spill the tea on Instagram secrets, and give you exactly what it takes to succeed on this platform for a nonprofit.
What we cover in the training :
- How to get started using Instagram Business Tools (it’s free and gives you some different, useful features as compared to the personal, individual Instagram account)
- How to get started using Instagram's native fundraising tools (NOTE: Your nonprofit must be registered with Facebook Charitable Giving Tools to access these)
- How to craft a fundraising message for Instagram - even if you don't use their native embedded fundraising tools
- How to craft a one-page Instagram content strategy, incorporating some of their most popular features like Live, Stories, and Reels
- How to leverage Instagram even if you don't have photos of children or puppies - and even if you work at a nonprofit that has client confidentiality restrictions (yes, you can!)
- How to look at metrics and determine success
- How to get started using Instagram's Ad platform to get more followers and more visibility
- Instagram for Nonprofits Business Profile Checklist
- 10 Examples of Great Nonprofit Instagram Accounts e-book
- The Essential Guide to Instagram for Small Nonprofits e-book
- The Slides
- The Recording
- Lifetime access to everything!
I’ve been working in and alongside nonprofits for two decades.
I’ve been a one person Development and Marketing Department, a volunteer, and a Board Member.
Having spent my career in the nonprofit and public sectors, I understand the specific obstacles that marketing and fundraising professionals face every day – isolation, wearing multiple hats, high expectations, and increasing responsibilities.
And – lucky for you – I’ve learned a few things along the way.
More specifically, what works – and what doesn’t – in nonprofit marketing.
- What is essential for success – and what can we ignore (or throw away for good).
- How to get your message to stand out from the rest.
- How to get people to believe in, and to become passionate about, your cause.
Do these sound like things you struggle with?
If you said a resounding YES, you are in good company.
With me as your expert guide, and a cohort of other nonprofits willing and eager to learn alongside you and support you – this is TOTALLY doable.